I am writing you today to provide information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and what we at Careica Health are doing in response.
As a client of Careica Health, your health and safety has always been and remains our number one priority. From the onset of the coronavirus, we have been closely monitoring the guidance of the provincial health organizations as well as the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centre for Disease Control (CDC) to ensure our policies and procedures are aligned.
I want to reassure you that:
- our staff have always practiced strict hygiene processes before every direct interaction with a client;
- we disinfect all of our equipment with hospital-grade disinfectants; and
- we follow the infection prevention and control standards as defined by Accreditation Canada.
In the face of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we are reinforcing these practices across the organization and preparing our teams in the event they need to interact with clients who have contracted the virus. Additionally, we are asking clients not to visit a Careica Health clinic or request an in-home visit if they:
- have traveled anywhere outside Canada in the past 14 days; OR
- have any of the following symptoms:
- extreme tiredness,
- difficulty breathing; OR
- have been in contact with anyone with suspected or diagnosed COVID-19.
For clients unable to visit a clinic or book an in-home visit, we have several options.
- To reschedule your appointment for a later time, call 1-888-297-7889.
- To schedule a telephone consultation, call 1-888-297-7889.
- To order supplies, call 1-888-297-7889 or shop online at carecloud.careicahealth.com.
- Careica Health now offers Virtual Care (online video appointments) for our Sleep clients. Learn more here: CareicaHealth.com/virtual. To book a Virtual Care appointment, call 1-888-297-7889 or email email@example.com.
I hope this gives you confidence in the actions we are taking on your behalf. We remain committed to providing you with safe access to home oxygen, treatment for obstructive sleep apnea and/or pulmonary function testing.
President & CEO
Click here for a PDF copy of this statement