The provinces of Manitoba (MB), Saskatchewan (SK), and Alberta (AB) have introduced plans to safely reopen services. For more information on each plan, please visit:
- Manitoba - Premier Unveils Manitoba's Roadmap to Expanding Services Safely
- Saskatchewan - Province Announces Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan
- Alberta - Opening Soon - Alberta's Relaunch Strategy
In keeping with Provincial plans, Careica Health clinics in MB, SK and AB will begin to accommodate in-person appointments, effective May 4, 2020. Locations in British Columbia (BC) will remain closed to the public.
To encourage ongoing physical distancing, we strongly recommend clients utilize Careica Virtual, our online appointment service. Our curbside pickup and online store options for all equipment and supply needs remain available.
ARE YOU OPEN TO THE PUBLIC?
Effective May 4, 2020, Careica Health will begin to offer in-person appointments in MB, SK, and AB locations. Doors will remain locked to walk-in visitors as entry to clinics is by appointment only. This is because certain precautions are required to ensure client and provider safety. All BC locations remain closed to in-person appointments until further notice.
I JUST NEED SUPPLIES. CAN I PURCHASE THOSE IN-PERSON?
If you need supplies, please call before coming to your local Careica Health and we will process your transaction over the phone. Supplies can also be ordered online. Your order will be shipped for free or you can pick it up at one of our locations with our contactless curbside pickup. To place an order, call 1-888-297-7889 or shop online at carecloud.careicahealth.com.
Are Curbside Pickup and Careica Virtual still options?
Absolutely, and they’re here to stay! Careica Virtual appointments and curbside pickup of orders remain the preferred option across ALL Careica Health locations.
I have an upcoming appointment. Will it be in person or online?
To encourage ongoing physical distancing, we strongly recommend clients utilize Careica Virtual, our online appointment service. Over the past five weeks, many clients have found this service to be extremely effective for all appointment types. For clients who require an in-person meeting, there will be strict processes in place for the protection of both clients and staff of Careica Health.
When will British Columbia in-person service resume?
The province of British Columbia has yet to announce plans for reopening, and as a result, Careica Health locations BC will remain closed to in-person appointments until further notice. Even though our BC locations are not offering in-person service at this time, they remain open for Careica Virtual appointments and curbside order pickup.
have you resumed pulmonary function testing?
We have not yet resumed pulmonary function testing (available in Calgary only). This service will remain closed until further notice.
for clinics conducting in-person appointments, What measures are in place to protect me?
Controlled entry to clinics:
- There will be a single point of entry at all clinics.
- Our doors will remain locked, and clients are asked to call our reception to gain entry to our clinics.
- Clients are asked to attend appointments alone where possible.
- We encourage clients to wait in their vehicles until their appointment time.
- Our entry will be regulated to prevent congestion.
- All clients (and companions where necessary) will be pre-screened when booking and again at their appointment.
- Our staff is required to pre-screen before coming to work every day.
- Symptomatic staff and clients will be referred to their public health agency for assistance and will not be permitted in a clinic.
Infection prevention and control:
- The use of hand sanitizer will be required by clients upon entering the clinic.
- Staff will follow all provincial infection prevention and control guidelines and work areas will be disinfected after each client using hospital grade disinfectant.
- Please wear a mask to your appointment. A disposable mask will be provided where necessary.
- We will not offer any beverage options; however, clients are permitted to bring their own.